Friday, October 14, 2011

I am the 99%...

I recently ran across this letter written by "Cylinsier". I do not know to whom it was addressed. The last paragraph (typed below) is the crux of the letter.

"I am the 99%, and if you make less than $350,000 a year, YOU ARE TOO. Being the 99% is not a choice, it is determined by your income. That's what it is referring to: the 99% of people who earn less that the top 1%. And the reason that is a problem is because that 1% of top earners use their money and stature to influence our laws and politics with greater force than the 99% is capable of doing. A country where 1% of people make decisions for the other 99% is not a Democracy. And your personal level of success does not excuse their behavior." - Cylinsier, October 13, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment